Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Wishes and Dreams


I've been thinking a bout what my hopes, wishes, and dreams are lately. I realized a while ago that I had forgotten to create new ones.

It's easy when you're a child. You have so much of life ahead. So many new experiences to go through. I think it's easy as an adult to get stuck. We forget to have hopes. We forget to dream, to have new things we want to experience. At least, I do.

For me it has been hard. I feel like for the most part I have everything I want. Good husband? Check. Children? Check. I guess my greatest desires and wants were pretty basic.

Then, I think, sometimes I stop thinking and wishing for things that seem impossible.  I know that's not good. I know that it's important to have dreams, to have things we want to achieve, things we want to experience and save up for. Sometimes it's the impossible things that keep us going. They give us something to reach higher for.

I think sometimes I feel a little guilty if I want to have more. I feel so blessed to have what I do, because I know that I have so much. When I feel, unnecessarily, down about my house, I think, get over it! Do you know how many people in the world would love to have a house like yours?! You have a house!

It's easy to become caught up in what we don't have, and forget about all that we do. So, I try. I try to remember and be grateful for what we do have, and what we have accomplished.

So, I need to dream. I need to create, and hope for the impossible, and have impossible things to hope for! I can't achieve anything if there's nothing more to want.

No comments: