Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A Quote Within A Quote

So, it's kind of fun working at the library because I see all kinds of books come through, and when one catches my eye I check it out for myself to read it. Of course, I still find other books too, when I'm not working.

One such book "Bringing Elizabeth Home" which is about when Elizabeth Smart was kidnapped, written from the perspective of her parents, was one that I had always intended to read, and then just didn't for whatever reason. Since it was available, I checked it out, and then put myself on the hold list for the one written by Elizabeth Smart that came out this past year.

Anyway, as I was reading it, they quoted a part of a book written by Spencer W Kimball called, "Faith Precedes the Miracle," (which I also want to read!)

"Some reservoirs are to store water. Some are to store food. There should also be reservoirs of knowledge to meet future needs; reservoirs of courage to overcome the floods of fear that put uncertainty in lives; reservoirs of stamina; and reservoirs of faith--especially reservoirs of faith--so that when the world presses upon us, we stand firm and strong; when the temptations of a decaying world about us draw upon our energies, sap our spiritual vitality, and seek to pull us down, we need a storage of faith that can carry us over the dull, difficult, terrifying moments, disappointments, disillusionments and adversity, want, confusion, and frustration."

When I read that quote, it made me pause for a moment and think about my own reservoir of faith... how full is it? What do I need to do to fill it up further?

It is something that I am still thinking about as I contemplate ways I can improve. Then as my mind traveled over songs that I knew, the one that came to mind was this one: The Light Divine

http://www.lds.org/music/library/hymns/the-light-divine?lang=eng#

If you click on the audio tab you can hear it with the words. Otherwise it just plays the music without words.

I also thought about this video clip:



"Cast out doubt, cultivate faith."

Good words to live by. :)

No comments: