There are all different phases that you go through and deal with as a parent. As my kids have gone through different ones, I have come to realize there is certainly a distinct phase of childhood that I tend to dislike more than the others.
"The Terrible Two's" I always felt was inappropriately named. More like the 18 month to 4 years old time of craziness. My older two kids have already gone through this phase, and we all survived, and they are enjoyable great kids most of the time. No one's perfect. :)
Jeffrey is right in the midst of this phase of life. I keep reminding myself of all the kids as curious and energetic as him and how wonderful they are now. It gives me hope when I want to lash out unrationally and have a meltdown like him.
Of course there are silver linings to each phase... his great smile. Their learning of language. I am sure that Jeffrey will have some great thoughts, just like his older brother did.
It also helps me enjoy and appreciate the phase of life that Emmett is in right now as a baby. He still wants to cuddle and just be loved. Jeffrey still does too, but not as much as he tries to exert his independence.
No comments:
Post a Comment