Thursday, June 6, 2013

Positive Affirmation Frustration

So, I've been working on positive affirmations with my friend. I guess I should say that she has been working on them with me. :) It does make me think more positively about things, instead of dwelling on the dark gloomy side of life, which helps me not be depressed and sound like Eeyore all the time. It's a good thing.

One of the things you do with positive affirmations is you think about things the way you wish they were, instead of how they actually are. For example, because I want my house to sell, and it hasn't, I would think to myself and actually do think to myself... I am so grateful that my house sold. The people that bought it love  the colors we painted it, and I am so grateful that it meets their needs.

So, here's my positive affirmation for today...maybe if I repeat it enough times, it will start to happen... I am so grateful that the people in my church ward love to share their musical talents with everyone. It makes my calling so easy because they call me because they are so excited that they have a talent to share.

Yes, I am frustrated right now. Yes, I just want to throw my hands in the air and say, "Ya know what?! No one wants to share, fine! We'll sing intermediate hymns all summer long." Yes, it has been that kind of day.

2 comments:

Salmon Tolman Family said...

our ward always has intermediate hymns, except once a month when the choir sings. If it's so frustrating, take a break from it...sometimes a break is good, and others may want to volunteer more too after they realize the alternative?

Melissa said...

The sad thing is, that non one would really care, except the people who wonder why I can't get people to do an intermediate song...even though the same said people are one of the ones who say no when I ask if they'll do a song. AND, the choir director always takes the summer off for some bizarre reason, which means, three-four Sundays that I have to figure out. The pattern I finally got down since we have so few people that will do a number, is 2nd sunday, music number, 3rd sunday, ward choir, fourth sunday intermediate hymn, and if there's a 5th sunday then we have another special number unless I can't find anyone. It's just old, and I've been dealing with it for three years, and if I ask anyone outside of the ward I get in trouble.