So, I am sure you are all on the edge of your seats wondering how I am doing on my not yelling goal... the answer...well, I haven't given up! How's that?!
Every time I do yell, I renew my commitment to not yell. I think that's something. I think I yell less than I did, and not as intensely. I think these are all improvements.
Do I have things I need to work on, yes. Do I have attitudes I need to work on? Yes.
I haven't given up though. I refuse to give up! This is important to me!
I think it also helps me deal with stress better.
There are times when I am able to step back and laugh at a situation, and times I don't. It's a work in progress, but at least I am trying and progressing.
Tomorrow is a new day that I haven't yelled in yet... let's see how I do! :)
1 comment:
Awesome! Hang in there!
Sometimes it helps to figure out the root cause of yelling (for example, I yell as a result of feeling pressed between a rock and a hard place -- not feeling like I have a good option for dealing with a parenting situation). Then think of some possible ways of dealing with that type of situation in the future. (For instance, time out until you can decide an appropriate response, etc.)
You are awesome! Keep going!
Tiffany
Post a Comment