So, Jeffrey has been sick since Friday. Not fun times! On Sunday we almost took him to the doctor, but after calling the pediatrician decided we'd better just stick it out. The pediatrician felt like Jeffrey has Hand Foot and Mouth disease.
This means, he has a fever, doesn't want to eat, whimpers whines and cries all the time, and generally feels awful. Oh yeah, he has these awful sores in his mouth that would make anybody want to whimper whine and cry. Poor kid!
Saturday night he would sleep in two hour intervals, wake up, moan/cry for a few minutes, fall back asleep, rewind and repeat.... Even though we didn't have to go get him, it still made for a very long night. We tried holding him, but he was sleeping better and more restfully on his own. Sad as that sounds.
Sunday, the reason we almost took him in to the hospital was because he really wasn't eating at all. He
would only take a bottle, and even then, in a day he only had two wet diapers. I could tell he was still hydrated, so we called the doctor instead.
This was where I was reminded of why I absolutely loathe this virus....because it IS a virus and there's nothing you can do beyond giving them pain relievers for the fever and sores. For Jeffrey this means tylenol, since ibuprofen stresses the kidneys.
This would be hard enough to deal with in normal times, but since I'm dealing with sinus awfulness, it just makes it that much more fun. So, tomorrow I go to the doctor, and hopefully I will get a prescription for zithromax, since that seems to work really well when I have sinusitis.
It's already been a long week, and it's only Tuesday! *sigh* At least my kids have a short week of school this week. That will be one less thing to worry about.
1 comment:
I get cold sores, so I feel very bad for him. One of the first times I ever got them, I had them all over the inside of my mouth too. Thankfully, that never happened again. Chris gets them now, but he seems to get them on his chin, just under his lower lip. Poor kids!
Post a Comment