So, first I will tell you how Jeffrey's nephrologist appointment went. Then onto more craziness in my life. :)
We took Jeffrey to his pediatric nephrologist appointment almost a week ago. He had an appointment at the children's hospital first to have an x-ray done where they shoot dye into the bladder and see if it goes up into the kidney. If it does, then...well, I don't know really since Jeffrey's didn't, and that was a good thing. :)
After that we headed over to the other hospital to meet with the nephrologist. Because of the different labs and tests they had done on Jeffrey, they could tell that his kidney was functioning normally. We were told he could pretty much participate in any sport he wanted to when he gets bigger...except for rugby, hockey, sports with extreme contact I guess would be a good word for it. I asked if he could play football, and she said yes, but preferably the kicker. Hehehe...not that it really matters since Shane and I are such HUGE football fans...um, yeah...not so much.
So this was all wonderful news. We were then told that we should come back in six months, with another ultrasound, and she will check to make sure that Jeffrey is still growing the way he should, and also that his kidney is growing the way it should. If that is all great then we won't need to go back for a year.
Now onto the craziness portion of this post...
I might need to have another surgery.
I am not looking forward to this.
I won't know for sure until Monday.
Odds are pretty high that it is going to happen though. *blech*
Until last year almost to the day, I had never been under general anesthesia. I had only been sedated. Both mean I don't remember anything, but when you go under general anesthesia you are intubated...meaning you have a tube sticking down your throat forcing air into your lungs.
I don't like being under general anesthesia. If I have this surgery, I will once again probably have to be under general. :(
I developed an umbilical hernia at some point in time. Initially I was going to wait until I was 100% sure that we were completely done having children. I don't know that yet, but the hernia has become mildly annoying, small as it is, and I just keep feeling like it would be better to get it fixed now instead of later when it becomes a bigger problem.
So, we'll see what the doctor says at my appointment.
No comments:
Post a Comment