Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Dishes

Considering the oodles of times we have done the dishes and our kids have helped us, it is always an eyeopener to me when I realize what they have learned just from watching and doing, and what they haven't. :)

Yesterday was an interesting day. For some reason it was NOT a good day for me or my body and I was basically bedridden all day long trying to get my mind and heart to relax.

So, Harrison was asked to do the dishes by himself. He is very good at loading and unloading the dishwasher, so Shane thought he would be just fine washing the pots and pans alone.

He probably would have...if he hadn't poured an extreme amount of dish soap in the sink. There were so many bubbles! He couldn't even rinse the dishes in the clean side because the soap was so concentrated that it just made the rinse side soapy too.

I asked Harrison why he put so much soap in. He glared at me and informed me that he didn't KNOW how much he was SUPPOSED to put in! (apparently asking mom or dad the amount of soap needed for one sink of water was not up for consideration...)

I thought it was pretty funny. :) Harrison didn't appreciate my humor.

No comments: