Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Something to think about...

So, occasionally there are times when Shane and I get into funny discussions. This is the current one.

How do you put sheets on your bed?

Do you place the top sheet print side up? So the unprinted side is facing the bottom sheet?

Or...do you place the top sheet print side down? So the printed side is facing the printed side of the bottom sheet?

Another way to think about it...do you place them up and up? Or up and down? ;)

I don't really think there is a right way, and contrary to what one of our friends said, hospitals don't do it the up and down way. You put them on the bed so they look nice and neat...as quickly as possible.

We use white sheets back in the operating room too, and as long as you get it on the bed in a timely manner...it really doesn't matter. Plus, it's white. How could you even tell? Just sayin...

4 comments:

Salmon Tolman Family said...

I'm sure we're different than most people: we don't even use a top sheet. They annoy me. I hate how they bunch up at the bottom of the bed under the comforter. And surprisingly, my husband never liked them either. So, YAY! We actually agree about that--no top sheets!
What a funny discussion, Melissa!! So strange and so like a Seinfeld episode! Love it!!!

darcymae said...

we dont even use the top sheet!! it makes me crazy if i dont have my toes hanging out the bottom so we just never put one on. but if we DID, i would put the print facing up. its cuter that way!

Marsha said...

My grandmother used to put her sheets on with the top sheet print facing down, so that way when she folded back the sheets the print-side would be facing up.

Since I never "decoratively" fold my sheets back, I go ahead and put my top sheet with the print-side up. It just feels like the print-side is supposed to be the TOP, so I put it on the bed that way. Anyway, that's my story.

Melissa said...

Marsha I think that is why I make the bed the way I do too...that and it was the way I was taught. ;)

Shane likes the sheets facing each other, so when he makes the bed it's his way, and when I make the bed I do it my way. Hehehe.

And, when I was younger I didn't like having a top sheet because I liked being able to feel the softness of the blanket.
Now I like having a top sheet because it just feels nice. :)