Sunday, February 28, 2010

Fast

Time goes by so fast! I feel like I just wrote on here, when I noticed that it has actually been 5 days! WOW.

Things are just going to get even crazier. I start my new work schedule this week and switch from five 8 hour days to four 10 hour days with one day off during the week. It's going to be interesting. In all honesty I'm not really looking forward to it. I have enjoyed being home at 3:30 and spending time with my family. Now...there will be less of that but I will get a whole day off. We'll see.

The weather has been so beautiful lately. I have to keep reminding myself that it is barely going to be March and it is not unusual for freak snowstorms to take place in March and April so I am not getting my hopes up too much in the spring department but I will take what I can get!!

Shane and I went and saw a movie on Friday. We went to Percy Jackson and the Olympians and the Lightning Thief. (That is one title. One VERY LONG title.) I think I have to agree with my friend who already saw the movie. It was all right. I personally felt it was a little violent and scary to be classified as a kid movie and to be rated PG but I am weird that way. My kids would have been freaked out by the "special effects" and I can guarantee Harrison would not have watched much of the movie because it was "scary." See, he hasn't even seen it and I already know what he would say! Shane felt it was a little choppy and that the storyline didn't flow really well. So...I give it 3 stars. Would I go see it again? eh...meh. Probably not. Would I buy it? Possibly, but not likely.

Today was a little crazy. We were early for church. Something that I strive for but that we rarely achieve. Then during sacrament meeting Shane got a horrible headache so I took him home. I feel really bad for him because I have definitely had my share of headaches. He informed me that if what he is feeling is like what I feel when I have headaches...he'll pass. :) I didn't have the heart to tell him that migraine pain is worse (by about a gazillion). Any headache pain is horrible, and he definitely has a doozy.

1 comment:

Jess'n'John said...

thanks for the movie review. :-) I'm with you on how some PG movies don't seem completely PG...we have few movies over PG, and any that aren't fantasy Disney/2 & 5 year-old-viewing-worthy are in our room for "adult" viewing. ;-)
Good job being early to church! We were early yesterday too and I even did something to my hair! *gasp* Hope Shane was feeling better by the end of the day.