Thursday, January 28, 2010

I am BAD!

So, here is my current conundrum, and yes it is something that I constantly struggle with. I'm not perfect so here is one of my faults. I have a difficult time, a REALLY DIFFICULT TIME, when I find out about teenagers that are pregnant (17 and younger) and they decide to keep the baby instead of placing it with a family for adoption.

Don't get me wrong, there are single moms out there who are amazing and do a wonderful and fantastic job. I don't have a problem with them. They are providing for their family, working, and doing the job of two people.

I do have a problem with teenagers and others who don't have the means to provide for their baby, are planning on living with mom and dad after they have the baby, mom and dad will be helping the teenager provide care and necessities for the baby...when the decision is based purely on a selfish desire...really. I do have issues with this. Especially when I think of all the amazing people I know personally who would do anything they could to adopt even one child. (And please, no comments about how I should be glad that they didn't have an abortion. That goes without saying...)

So, I got an invitation to a baby shower the other day for a teenage mom...I have no words.

3 comments:

Salmon Tolman Family said...

I'm sure it is so frustrating to see people get pregnant who aren't mature enough and pregnant mothers who don't care about having babies, when there are so many others who want them so desperately and are unable to. It seems so cruel and unjust. It's strange to think that having babies can be a trial for someone while the inability to not have babies is a trial for others.

Eve said...

oh man. I don't know what to say. I say, at the end of the day--it's up to that family to choose to raise their grandkids. BUT--it's up to you whether you wanna support it or not. Don't go to the shower. Don't support it. They can make the choice they want to--but they can't require you to give up your right to support that or not. So don't go.

DaNise said...

I feel the same way. I see more of it out here. I hate seeing parents not care for their children as much as I know others who REALLY want children would. They all love their children, but I see a lot of children wandering the neighborhood alone and I feel sad.