So, today I was brave and called to get a status update on the interview I had almost two weeks ago. I'm glad I called and left a message because when they called back they wanted to meet with me again tomorrow.
Yikes! I mean that in a good way of course.
This whole job hunt thing has been an interesting experience for me. I have had a lot of learning experiences in the past that have taught me very well the importance of staying home with our children. Every time a financial difficulty has arisen, I have contemplated and prayed about whether I needed to get a job or not, and the answer was always NO. If I tried job hunting, or going to interviews, I always felt very uneasy and that it just wasn't the right thing to do.
Well, this financial experience is above and beyond any that we have had before. I kept getting the feeling that either I needed to get a job or Shane needed to get an additional job to the one he already has.
Sure, in an ideal world, this wouldn't be necessary, but it isn't an ideal world, and it HAS become necessary. Then when we would try to think of ideas to earn more money (like, having Shane get a temp job with a temp agency) nothing would pan out or work.
I kept getting the niggling in my brain that I was the one who needed to be job hunting. Why? No idea. All I know for sure is that someone up there knows a whole lot more than I do, and I trust Him.
The other thing I know, is that I have been having some very interesting experiences this time around and they all deal with peace of mind and reassurance that I am doing the right thing for this time in our lives.
2 comments:
What a great relief to know you're on the right track. Good luck with your interview!
My Mom is job hunting right now, so stressful and unknown but also fun! Hope you find or get the job you want soon!
Post a Comment