Today is our 10 year anniversary! 10 years! Where did the time go? Back in April I heard the song, "1,2,3,4" by the Plain White T's and knew that it was perfect to describe what our marriage has been like.
Shane and I met when we were in high school and we were friends but we never dated. When he got back from serving his mission he likes to tell me that he was thinking of who he would like to date on the flight home and I was one of the people he thought of. Good thing he told his mom too, because it took him about five months to do it, but that's okay because there were experiences that we both needed to have during those five months.
After five months he had broken up with a girl he had been dating and was moping around when his mom asked him "What about that Melissa person?" And the rest, as they say, is history.
We dated for two months, got engaged, and were married two months later. Fast, but we'd known each other for over 5 years.
I married my best friend, and he still is my best friend. There is no one I would rather spend all my time with. When people talk about their marriage and how they are so glad when vacation time is over, holidays, etc... because they "need some space" I can't relate. Every minute I have I love spending with Shane. If we were independently wealthy, booyah! That would just be awesome, because then he wouldn't have to go to work every day!
I love you Shane!
2 comments:
i'm with you...about the only way we could be happier is if we had LOADS of money!!
congrats on 10 years!!
What a great tribute to your husband. I'd been thinking along these same lines, too: posting about my husband! I'm glad you did it first!
Post a Comment