Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Time flies...and a bunch of random things...

Well...it hasn't really...I keep waiting for when I can post my "anniversary song" and we are definitely getting close, but not there yet!

I have a new cello student coming today for a lesson. We will see how that goes! It is going to be an adult student with NO music experience whatsoever, so woohoo! I have never had a cello student that I had to start at the very beginning, but I am up to the challenge. It definitely helps that there is a strong desire to learn.

Shane signed up to be a substitute teacher for the school district. We are hoping that he will get some assignments soon! It works pretty well as part-time work, especially where he works swing shift now. I must have angels helping me, because most days it's not too stressful, and I don't know...I can just feel the extra help. I know that sounds kind of weird, but it's true.

I have been enjoying the mildly cooler weather, but apparently it is going to be short-lived. Bummer. I guess we'll see. It's not like the weather-man has never been wrong before!

Hazel is still loving kindergarten, and I am glad about that! It is kind of weird having a student who fits in the public school box. Instead of getting notices that my child acted out and was on red all week long, the teacher tells me every day how much she loves having Hazel in her class! It's a nice change, but I wouldn't want Harrison to be completely that way, because then he wouldn't be who he is, but a little like that would be nice...we're working on it! :)

Still, it "feels" like September. Fall is a close second to Spring. The only reason I like Spring more is because Spring has things bursting into new life. Fall has lots of warm cozy memories, which would probably explain why I like Thanksgiving so much.

1 comment:

Patty B. said...

A cello teacher! I wish you lived closer! You're a rare breed, you know. Private music teachers are hard to come by.
I like fall, too, because the weather gets liveable here. By Halloween, the nights require a light sweater. (can't wait!)
I love reading your blog; it's so much fun to see what you're up to next and your take on it! I can relate SO WELL! Thanks for sharing your adventures in life!