Saturday, April 26, 2008

A letter from myself...

Have you ever written a letter to yourself? It was a pretty popular thing to do when I was in high school. I did it for my youth church group, I did it in my sociology class. Well, it is kind of intriguing to read something that you wrote 5, 10, 15 years ago that isn't a journal. My church letter I wrote about the type of guy I wanted to marry, and my hopes for that. My sociology one, I wrote about what I hoped I had majored in, in college, and graduated.

Well, that one didn't exactly happen. I went to college, majored in Music Education, and made it to the last year and a half and had a sudden realization....I had NO desire to direct a high school music group. Sure, I love music. I love to play it, I love to listen to it, and I enjoy teaching one on one private lessons, but I do not enjoy conducting. So, I quit. By that time I was pregnant with our first child anyway, so it seemed like perfect timing. :) A few years later I was able to finish and graduate from a Surgical Technologist program, so all my schooling wasn't for nothing.

Now I stay at home taking care of my children and forgetting all the things that I learned at school. :) Things may not have turned out exactly as I envisioned they would have when I was in high school, but they did turn out well. I can't complain. Life is good.

No comments: